Objectives of FSN
FSN is a registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), working together with partners and local communities in Nepal to improve environment and human well-Being.Our major objective is to work on the welfare of social groups such as women, children, deprived communities and elderly people and help eradicate their poverty and disease by creating awareness and educating them. We strongly believe that our country still needs to work on the uplifting marginalized community such as women and ethnic groups.
If we sum up our objectives in few points, those would be:
- Building local capacity of women, marginalized society, children and poor people in rural areas and improving their livelihood security through various projects and income generation opportunities
- Identifying and managing available resources, local knowledge, skill and technology to raise their economic status
- Empowering, enhancing and ensuring development of rural communities for conservation and sustainable management of natural resources.
- Working on the reconstruction of monasteries and other cultural heritage so as to hold the identity of our country as the land of God and Goddess.
- Helping and generating training programs for self-employment and independence of uneducated and unemployed people.
- Providing help and facilities for old people, children and disabled persons for their welfare
- Developing projects throughout the country and abroad for small community infrastructure development and community health.
- Child Education in rural communities
- Propagatinginformation on the need for nature conservation, safe drinking water and environmental awareness which will ultimately lead towards sustainability
- Campaigning for sustainable development programs.
- Working for uplifting rural area people of Nepal for their overall development.
- Providing help to people suffering from Natural calamities such as flood, landslides, earthquakes etc.
- Undertaking any other work or assignment which may be for the general welfare of the people
- Education and capacity development
- Working in partnership with other local and international NGOs and INGOs and also with the government bodies.