Working with Street Children

Working with Street Children

Numbers of street children are increasing in urban areas throughout Nepal, particularly in Kathmandu. Currently there are approximately 1000 street children in Kathmandu. Outside the city of Kathmandu there are over 5500 street children living in locations such as Pokhara, Biratnagar, Dharan, Nepalgunj and Bhairawa to name a few. The majority of these children are male at roughly 90%, the remaining 10% are female. The reason for the increase in homelessness among children is due to urbanization, migration, lack of family support, poverty, increasing unemployment, and abandonment.

There is no organization in place to assist these children and offer them a safe and secure place to live. Those that choose to be a part of this volunteer program will be involved with preparing food and other hand outs that are designed to support these children. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to distribute these hand outs and interact with the children affected. In addition to the volunteering the Friendship Society Nepal  have put in place an opportunity for individuals to donate funds to help support the continual running of the programs.

Copyright © 2020 Friendship Society Nepal | Design and develop by Z-INDEX MEDIA PVT. LTD. .